We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since last January Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is Best Books I Read in 2018. I decided not to do this one, because we just posted three posts about our favorite reads (Backlist Books, New Releases and Romance Books). Doing this topic again, is a bit too much.
That’s when I looked at next week’s topic: Most Anticipated Releases for the First Half of 2019. Isabelle will be doing this one as well next week, so my Top Ten Tuesday this week is part 1.
January is already starting out with a bang, so I’m not going to include any January releases in this post today. Last week our Anticipated Releases for January came online, so click on the link if you want to see those!
1. A Girl Called Shameless – Laura Steven After The Exact Opposite of Okay ended as my favorite book of 2018, it’s pretty obvious that the sequel ended up on my most anticipated releases for the first half of the year! Izzy is stronger than ever and really wants to make a difference.
2. Switchback – Danika Stone All the Feels is one of my favorite books and I loved her book Internet Famous as well. Switchback sounds a bit different than her previous books, but very interesting. I think Switchback is going to be very interesting. A main character who loves D&D and gaming sounds good to me!
3. When Summer Ends – Jessica Pennington I loved Love Songs & Other Lies, so when I read she was going to release another books this year it was added to my TBR right away. On top of that I am lucky enough to have gotten a digital ARC. So I know what I’ll be reading soon!
4. Aurora Rising – Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff These two did an amazing job with The Illuminae Files, so I can only imagine another amazing reading experience with this new series. Another science fiction series and while reading the sypnosis it sounds like an amazing cast of characters.
5. The Triumphant – Lesley Livingston This is the third and final book in The Valiant trilogy. I read and loved the first book and have the seond book on my shelf. I know I’m going to love that as well, so The Triumphant is on top of my list.
6. Hot Dog Girl – Jennifer Dugan A group of friends all enjoy their last summer at Magic Castle Playland in some awkward costumes, haha. Hot Dog girl sounds like it’s going to be a fun contemporary filled with some humor and feel good moments.
7. If You’re Out There – Katy Loutzenhiser I can’t imagine what it’s like when you’re best friend moves and then kind of disappears. To make it worse, no one wants to believe you when you say something doesn’t seem right. I am really curious what’s really going on and how this plays out.
8. Sherwood – Meagan Spooner I’ve never read a Robin Hood retelling, but one with a female lead sounds really interesting. I think this main character is going to be a very strong female lead. This is going to be a really interesting read.
9. Enchanteé – Gita Trelease I want to read more historical fiction this year and I think Enchantée is a good start. Paris in 1789 is going to be very interesting! I just wish they didn’t add a person to the cover. The original cover looked much better!
10. Comics Will Break Your Heart – Faith Erin Hicks I am definitely a nerd, so I love that there is a book with comics being the center of attention. Even if it may be the exact thing giving our main character troubles! I am excited for this one!
Those are ten of the books I’m looking forward to in the first half of 2019! Believe me when I say that there are many, many more! Haha. I know this week’s topic is best books of 2018, so let me know what your favorite book of the year is! Feel free to leave your TTT link in the comments.