We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since last January Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s prompt is backlist books I want to read. There are a lot of those, haha. I have already done a couple of posts about this: books I want to read before the end of the year Part 1 and Part 2.
Even though I have already written those two posts. I’m sure I can think of 10 more backlist books I really want to read. This may not happen before the end of the year, but I’m working on it!
1. Without Merit – Colleen Hoover Without Merit is one of the only Colleen Hoover books I haven’t read. It’s on my shelf and has been since release day, haha. This is one of her books that has gotten very mixed reviews. I am curious to see what makes it so different than her other books.
2. Girls Made of Snow and Glass – Melissa Bashardoust It’s just about winter and that means I read more fantasy books and this Snow White retelling is one that I’m really excited to read. The cover is really simple, but that makes it so beautiful. On top of that, I don’t think I’ve read any Snow White retellings yet.
3. Siege & Storm – Leigh Bardugo This is the second book in the Grisha trilogy. I loved the first book and to be honest, so many books keep getting in the way of me starting the second one. Siege & Storm really needs to get higher on my list though, because I keep seeing everyone in the bookish world excited for Leigh Bardugo’s next book in this world.
4. Falling Kingdoms – Morgan Rhodes Another one I really need to get to. I have five out of six books in this series on my bookshelf, but haven’t picked the first one up yet. I think Falling Kingdoms can be hit or miss with readers, but it seems like a series I will really enjoy.
5. Ice Like Fire – Sara Raasch If I want to read this without rereading Snow Like Ashes, I really need to get going, haha. Snow Like Ashes was one of the first books I read after moving and that was two years ago! Oops, haha.
6. All Lined Up – Cora Carmack I am a big fan of sports romances (I posted reviews to two new ones this week) and I loved this author’s Faking It series. A few friends have already read All Lined Up and really enjoyed it, so I need to get started.
7. Lord of Shadows – Cassandra Clare I read Lady Midnight just after it released, but haven’t gotten around to Lord of Shadows. Not because I don’t want to, but because I know it’s going to be torture. Everyone I know who has already read it, says they wished the third one was already released after finishing it. Isabelle and I are doing a buddy read with a friend, so I know I can check this one off my list.
8. The Sin Eater’s Daughter – Melinda Salisbury I own all three books in this trilogy and think the covers are gorgeous. Isabelle is a fan and recommend them to me. If I remember correctly she’s waiting for me to read the first two so we can buddyread the last one together.
9. Daugher of the Burning City – Amanda Foody I want to read Ace of Shades soon (it’s on my Christmas list), but this one is already on my shelf. This author is doing a chat in the TBR & Beyond Facebook group at the beginning of next year, so I need to be caught up by then!
10. Passenger – Alexandra Bracken I haven’t read many time travel stories and I am curious about them. Passenger is one that I’ve seen on different occasions in bookland. This duology is another one I feel that readers either like or dislike. Even if the story isn’t good, the covers are stunning!
Okay, these are the ten backlist books I want to read. There are many more of course, but I listed the first ten that popped up in my mind or I could see on my shelf, haha. What backlist books do you want to read? Feel free to leave your TTT link in the comments!