Last year one of my first posts on this blog was books I wanted to read before the end of 2017. I didn’t do too well with that, haha. If you want to check out that post, click here. Looking at my bookshelves yesterday, I saw books to read before the end of the year. It’s 2018, so I will be choosing 18 books. I don’t know how far I will get, but I’m hoping this post will give me more motivation! Today I will talk about the first 9 books! In two weeks, the rest will be posted.
The 18 books I have decided to put on my list are all books that have already been released. If I add the new releases coming in the next few months,18 books won’t be enough.
1. The Speaker After reading The Reader at the end of 2016, I knew I wanted the next book. My boyfriend gave me this book for Christmas last year and I still haven’t picked it up. If I wait any longer I think I’m going to have to start with The Reader Again. In November, The Storyteller is being released. This is the last and final book of the trilogy, so I need to catch up!
2. The Last Namsara I started this book after meeting the author last November. Why I haven’t finished this book yet, I have no clue! I think I was about 70 pages in. The only thing I can think is that too many other books overwhelmed me, haha. The next book, The Caged Queen, will be released in a few months. I have seen the cover and it looks just as amazing, if not better than this one. So I need to make sure I can dive right in.
3. Dangerous Girls Isabelle is a major fan of this book and I know she will be happy this made my list. I got it in my birthday box, so I can read it now. Dangerous Girls has been looking at me when I pass it on my shelf. It sounds really good and I think it will be the perfect Fall read. Now I just need to make sure I remember to actually pick it up!
4. Fallout I saw this book on Instageam quite awhile ago. I love superheroes and I thought it was interesting to have a book about Lois Lane. She is a part of that world, so I think they could get pretty interesting. The whole trilogy is already on my bookshelf and has been for too long, haha. Isabelle has the first book as well, so I need to organize a buddyread soon!
5. Renegades I was planning on reading this book before we met Marissa Meyer in March, but it didn’t happen. I have seen a lot of postive reviews and it sounds really interesting. Marissa Meyer announced this year that it’s not ending with the second book this year. I need to catch up before the next one is released in November. At least, I think that’s when it’s being released!
6. Heart on Fire I couldn’t put the first two books down. Heart on Fire is the final book in the Kingmaker Chronicles. A friend of ours describes it as a grown up circle like in the ACOTAR series, haha. I have to agree. The characters and story are addicting. Since I got my hands on the last book, I have been saying I want to do a complete reread. Hopefully I can make it happen this Fall. I want to dive back into this world and have everything fresh when I start the last book.
7. The Becoming of Noah Shaw After reading the Mara Dyer trilogy, I was a big fan. When the author announced a spinoff with Noah, I was sold without even knowing more. Noah was one of my favorite characters in that trilogy. So once again, why haven’t I picked up this book?!? The Reckoning of Noah Shaw is coming out in November and I love the cover just as much as this one. I NEED to catch up, haha.
8. Dreams of Gods & Monsters If I don’t read any books on this list except for this one, I will be happy, haha. To be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me if it would be smarter to read the first two books again before this one. It’s been quite awhile since I started this trilogy. I loved the first two, so why I haven’t read this one is still a mystery to me. Lain Taylor’s writing is beautiful, but it is something you need to concentrate on. Maybe that’s why I haven’t picked it up.
9. Bad Blood The Naturals series is amazing! If you’re a fan of Criminal Minds, this is definitely a series for you! This author knows how to lead you on and just when you think you have it figured out, you’re wrong! I have read the first three books and this is the last one. I guess I don’t want it to be over, but at the same time, I really want to know how it ends. Bad Blood is a mystery/crime book, so I think I will read this in the Fall.
This is the start of my list of books I need to read before the end of the year! What book do you really want to read before the year is over?