We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since January 2018 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is Extraordinary Titles and I just couldn’t think of anything! I had zero inspiration so I decided to pick another topic. And one that I previously enjoyed and really wanted to do again was the 5 star predictions. I’ll pick 10 books I think I’ll rate 5 stars. And I decided to go with books that will be releasing in the upcoming months! So let’s get into it!
1.The Grace Year – Kim Liggett: Some of my friends read this one already and absolutely LOVED it. I love the cover, didn’t really read the synopsis and read the first chapter. And I can say, I’m hooked! I really think I’ll love this one a lot!
2. Shades of Magic vol. 2: Night of Knives – V.E. Schwab: After meeting Victoria this Sunday, and especially after hearing her talk, I can’t imagine not giving her books a 5 star rating. I didn’t love the first volume but I know what I’m getting myself into this time and with my added love for V.E., I’m sure this will be a hit for me.
3. Deadly Little Scandals – Jennifer Lynn Barnes: I adored the previous book! Jennifer Lynn Barnes is one of my most read authors and I’m always excited about her books. But this series also sounded great when I heard about it, and she first book lived up to it. It had some great twists and I can’t wait to read more.
4. Call Down the Hawk – Maggie Stiefvater: I don’t talk about it that often but I really enjoy the Raven Cycle. And of course I LOVE Ronan, I even have a Ronan candle. He is such an interesting character and I can only imagine what Maggie has in store for us.
5. Scared Little Rabbits – A.V. Geiger: I adored A.V.’s previous duology and I was so excited to see this one announced. YA mystery/thrillers are very exciting and I have good hopes for this one.
6. Dangerous Alliance – Jennieke Cohen: This is pretty outside of my comfort zone, but the cover peaked my interest. And while this is definitely not a book I’d normally pick, I really enjoyed the blurb. That blurb did what it set out to do, it tricked my and now I really want to read this story!
7. Come Tumbling Down – Seanan McGuirre: I adore the Wayward Children series, such amazing stories in pretty thin books. My favorite character’s story moves forward from here and I really really really wished I had an early copy!
8. The Hand on the Wall – Maureen Johnson: This is such a great mystery/thriller series and I hope to get all the answers in this conclusion to the series. I’m sure I will love this sequel, although I might need a refreshment of the first two stories. My hopes are really high up for this one!
9. Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow – Jessica Townsend: After adoring Nevermoor and Wundersmith, I can’t imagine not giving this one 5 stars. These MG books are amazing and I can’t wait to have kids to read these books to. I have stunning copies of this series and I really hope they’ll sell a matching one!
10. Foul is Fair – Hannah Capin: I read Hannah’s other book this year and was pleasantly surprised. This one is a bloody, thrilling revenge fantasy and that is always good to have on your shelves!
These are 10 upcoming releases I think I will 5 star after reading them! Do you agree with any of these? Or do you think I’m crazy for picking these? I’m also wondering what you think are extraordinary titles! Come talk to me in the comments!