We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since January 2018 Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is Standalone Books That Need a Sequel. I really have to think about this. I read a lot of series, so let’s see what standalones I need more of!
1.On the Come Up – Angie Thomas This story sucked me right in and really made me care for Brianna. I know this ends with a lot of things wrappd up, but I would love to continue with Brianna. See how the wrapping goes, her brother going back to school, etc. I think it’s a really positive sign when an author leaves you wanting more!
2. Geekerella – Ashley Poston Next month we’re getting a companion novel that takes place in this world. Even though we’re getting this, I would love a few more novels about some of the characters we read about. I love reading about fandoms and fans.
3. The Life We Wanted – Kelsey Kingsley This author made me fall in love with these characters. Even though they kind of have their happily ever after, I would even read books about them just being happy, haha. Or maybe a spinoff with a grown up Greyson!
4. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo – Taylor Jenkins Reid In this book, Evelyn’s story is definitely settled, but I think after everything I want a book about Monique. I would love to see more of her journey after being with Evelyn and writing her story. There were many twists and turns that Monique will have to deal with as well.
5. Gunslinger Girl – Lyndsay Ely I know the author says that she hasn’t said no to a sequel yet, just not at the moment. Dystopian stories are so interesting, especially adding the element of the show and the politics. I got so wrapped up in this world that it really left me wanting more. Maybe even just more background stories about some of the characters we meet along the way!
6. Kiss of the Royal – Lindsey Duga Okay, when I wrote my list I seriously thought this was a standalone. When I want on Goodreads to look up the author’s name, I saw that there will be a sequel. I guess I wasn’t the only one who needed a sequel, haha. I will leave this here though for now!
7. Love Scene, Take Two – Alex Evansley The whole actor falling in love with a writer here was really interesting. They’re both still really young and have so much coming! I think I would love more of their story, but follow the journey of him acting and her writing. I love books like that! Reading about things I love is something that I can never get enough of.
8. Dive Smack – Demetra Brodsky I have said this before that I would love more books about these characters. A lot of our questions are answered, but there are so many possibilities after this story ends. I would love to see how everything plays out after all of the events. Or maybe even a prequel about the mother and father.
9. Chaotic Good – Whitney Garder Another book that made my nerdy heart happy! I loved how the main character ended up using Dungeons and Dragons to create costumes for different characters. I would even say yes to another book only about their gaming sessions! The drawings and descriptions were a lot of fun!
10. Tuesdays at 6 – K.J. Lewis This book was one of my favorites last year and I would love to see how everyone is doing a few years later! Or maybe even a book about the daughters when they’re older. Or one of the friends that was there helping out could have their own story! So many possibilities!
So those are the ten standalones that I think need a sequel! What standalones need a sequel according to you? Feel free to leave the link to your TTT in the comments!