We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since last January Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is a Thanksgiving/Thankful freebie. I am thankful for a lot of things in this bookish world. One thing I am thankful for is the book signings and signed books I have collected the last couple of years. It’s so much fun meeting the person behind the books I love. Here are ten of the books I have signed and love!
1. If There’s No Tomorrow – Jennifer L. Armentrout I got to meet Jennifer last year and it was such a fun evening! Her LUX series is my all time favorite and I loved hearing her talk about her favorites. We even got some information on things to come. She even stayed later than planned so everyone could have their books signed!
2. The Exact Opposite of Okay – Laura Steven If you’ve followed this blog for awhile, you know this is one of my favorite reads of the year. I got to meet Laura at YALFest NL in April. I was a member of her street team and she even recognized my name when she was signing my book. She was so sweet and I am excited to help promote the next book.
3. The Last Namsara – Kristen Ciccarelli This author came to the Netherlands last year and visited a book store for a signing. Before the signing there was a little interview. She told us all about her journey to publishing and how many times she was rejected. That was really shocking. I think it’s amazing she kept on going!
4. Renegades – Marissa Meyer Marissa visited The Netherlands in March and we had to attend. Another author who was a lot of fun to meet. She was quizzed about her own stories and we also got to hear about a few new ideas she had.
5. Children of Blood and Bone – Tomi Adeyemi This book kind of took the bookworld by storm this year and we got to meet this author as well at YALFest NL in April. I loved hearing the stories of her writing and how much this book means to her. She was so surprised by how many people were waiting in line to have their book signed.
6. The Valiant – Lesley Livingston I never laughed as much as I did while listening to her answer questions during the interview at YALFest NL last year. She was so much fun to talk to and had a little conversation while signing books. Lesley really seemed at ease while meeting fans.
7. Everless – Sara Holland Sara is actually an author that was more shy than the rest we have met, but also very sweet. I love hearing about her process of writing and how she needs her job to keep her getting out of the house. Sara was really down to earth.
8. The Novice – Taran Matharu I think my favorite part of meeting this author was his story about the fanfiction and the events of the contest he helped judge. It couldn’t have been more perfect, haha. He thanked everyone for giving his book a chance and that was really sweet.
Besides books that I had signed when actually meeting the authors, there are two authors I have books signed by that I haven’t met.
9. Full Measures – Rebecca Yarros A couple of friends and I decide to order signed books from this author. Rebecca is a mother of six and is a military wife. To be honest, I’m surprised she still finds time to write books. I don’t think she’ll be an author I will really get the chance to meet, so I am very thankful for the books she signed and sent.
10. An Heir in Shadow – Sofia Drake This was actually a total surprise to me. I helped out hosting the author takeover for this book and won an art print for the series. Instead of receiving the art print, I got a signed copy of the book in the mail! I thought that was so sweet!! This book is a great book to add to my shelves!
I am so thankful for all the authors that write the books we love! They are so humble and surprised people love their books. The ones I have had the honor to meet anyways!
What are you thankful for in the bookish world? Feel free to leave your TTT links in the comments!