It’s time for another Top Five Wednesday. This weekly meme was created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey and all the info is posted in this Goodreads group.
This week’s theme is your top five books of 2017. Like we said with the Top Ten Tuesday last week, we plan on posting our own list of favorites pretty soon. So I decided to put my own take on this and choose 5 new to me authors this year that I definitely want to read more from.
1. Francesca Zappia I read Eliza and Her Monsters earlier this year and was surprised by how much I really loved this book. I would have to say it is one of my favorites this year. It was such a well written book and I loved how certain subjects were discussed. This was why after I finished this I looked up this author and also read Made You Up. Another very impressive book. It was the first one I read about schizophrenia. I really want to read more from this author.
2. Amie Knight This summer I read her book See Through Heart and loved it. It was so emotional and beautiful. I couldn’t wait until she published another book. I was lucky enough to get an ARC of the book A Steel Heart and even though I didn’t think it was possible it was even better. She has one other book I haven’t had the chance to read and I hope she writes more next year.
3. S.G.D. Singh We were both lucky enough to read this trilogy and review it. I loved this book. It was beautifully written and unique in the many fantasy books that are out there. I really hope that this author publishes more books in the near future.
4. Adam Silvera I discovered More Happy Than Not at the beginning of this year and I was really impressed. This summer I read History is All You Left Me and was surprised, because this book got even better and was once again beautiful. So of course, when I read that They Both Die at the End was being published in September it was ordered right away. And I think it’s my favorite book so far. This book broke my heart, but is was so beautiful. That an author can make me connect to characters when a book takes place in less than 24 hours is pretty amazing. I can’t wait to see what he gives us with his next book. Adam Silvera has become an autobuy author.
5. Laini Taylor A friend recommended these books and I was really curious. I have read the first two in this trilogy and really need to get to the last one soon. Laini Taylor is another author who knows how to create a unique story. I also have Strange the Dreamer to read still, so hopefully I will get to those in 2018.
Writing this list made me realize that I have discovered a lot of amazing authors this year and it was actually really hard to make this list. Some other authors that I really loved: Gena Showalter, Lesley Livingston, Amanda Bouchet, J. Daniels, Kayla Tirrell, Marie Lu, Leigh Bardugo and many, many more…
What are some authors you guys have discovered this year?