We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since last January Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is an interesting one. Best Character Names. The ten I chose made the list, because I like the sound of them or I think that they fit the character.
1. Aelin/Celaena As a big fan of Throne of Glass, I love both of these names. Aelin and Celaena both fit this character wonderfully. She may have her own insecurities, but she’s definitely a strong character. Not having an easy life and having to be strong, it’s fitting that she got the names she did.
2. Kaz Six of Crows is one of my favorite books and very unique. Kaz is a quirky character, but you can’t help but love
him. He pushes people away, but really needs the support he gets. Kaz just needs to learn to ask for help more. During the books, you realize there is much more going on. There are more reasons for being quirky than we know. Kaz is a quirky name, so it fits nicely.
3. Cress My favorite book in The Lunar Chronicles is Cress. She’s such a fun character and does things her own way. Being on a ship alone for so long, she’s definitely a weird one, haha. I love it though. She’s funny and has her own way of doing things. Cress is a character you can’t help but love.
4. Chaol This is a name that I really like. Chaol is a name I still pronounce my own way, haha. I have seen how it’s
supposed to be said, but I can’t get my own way out of my head, haha. He’s a character that I loved in the beginning, lost me along the way and pulled me right back in after Tower of Dawn. After reading more from his POV, I definitely understand him more. I’m curious to see what role he will have in the last book.
5. Magnus He has seen a lot, being a warlock and living for many years. Magnus seems to always do what is in his best interest, but I find that he cares more than he wants others to know. Being vunerable is a hard thing for him. When I first started reading books in The Shadowhunter World, I wasn’t quite sure about him. Magnus is funny and is around when it counts. I need to read The Bane Chronicles soon.
6. Jem This is one of my favorite characters in the Infernal Devices. I wish Jem would’ve had a different life than he had,
but the story is what it is. Jem is a noble person who does everything he can for the ones he loves. Even sacrificing his own chance at happiness with the woman he fell in love with.
7. Blue The Raven Boys is an awesome series. I still need to finish the last book, but I don’t want it to be over. Blue and her boys are interesting characters and all have their own demons to fight. It seems that working together, they have more in common than they realize. Blue is a name that really fits her. I am really hoping these characters get a nice ending, but I’m afraid to read and find out.
8. Rhysand I don’t think I have to add much to this name, haha. Anyone that has read ACOTAR knows what I mean.
Rhysand is on top of the book boyfriend list for many these days. He’s a strong character and seems arrogant. While that is the case it’s also a way for him to not having to show his true feelings. Rhysand will do anything for those he loves and punishes himself when he’s not able to be there for something. I love the name, even though it’s another one I pronounce wrong.
9. Citra Scythe was a book that was on my list for quite some time. Citra is also a name that I’ve never seen in a book before and it fit this character well. Citra lives in a world where people only can die if a Scythe decides it’s their time. Becoming a Scythe wasn’t something Citra imagined doing. When given the chance to be an apprentice and maybe even a Scythe, her life takes a different turn. Citra was a tough character and fought for what she believed in, even if that worked against her at times.
10. Inej This is such a pretty name. I really should look up the meaning. Inej is an important character in Six of Crows and she does
more for Kaz than she should at times. She is a strong character and I loved how her character developed during these two books.
To be honest, names aren’t something I really think about. While reading a book I will think a name is unique or pretty, but that’s about it. For this week’s TTT I had to think a bit more, haha. I’m sure there are a lot of names I’m not thinking of right now, but these are the ten that come to mind now. I love them all. What is your favorite character name?