We talk so much about books we love and books we want to read. But sometimes you just want to talk about the books you don’t want to read, the ones you have no interest in. That’s why Nicole from Nicole & Her Books created the Anti-TBR tag. And today I’m doing this tag. Let’s take a look at those questions!
1. A popular book EVERYONE loves that you have no interest in reading?
This was actually harder than I thought it would be haha. I think The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a very popular book, and while I did watch the movie I have no interest in reading the book. The movie wasn’t anything spectacular for me and this story is just not for me.
2. A classic book (or author) you don’t have an interest in reading?
There are a ton of classics I don’t have an interest in, the most popular one is probably To Kill a Mockingbird. I hear so many people talking about this one, possibly because it’s required reading for a lot of American school but I have zero interest in it.
3. An author whose books you have no interest in reading?
One author that comes to mind is Nicola Yoon. I feel pretty bad because she seems like a nice person and she writes about tough but important topics. However, I have zero interest in picking them up. They’re just not my cup of tea.
4. An author you have read a couple of books from & have decided their books are not for you?
Honestly, I don’t think I will pick up another John Green book. I loved The Fault in Our Stars and enjoyed Paper Towns but I have no interest in the rest of his books. They sound pretty good but they’re simply not my kind of book.
5. A genre you have no interest in OR a genre you tried to get into & couldn’t?
I like to try new things but I don’t think I will ever be into erotica books. While I don’t mind sex in books, I’m not really one for very graphic sex scenes. I am reading more contemporary novels, and more adult ones at that so I do read more sex scenes. However, erotica will always be a bit too much for me.
6. A book you have bought but will never read? (this can be a book you have unhauled/returned to the library unread)
I took a look at my shelves and I don’t think I will ever pick up The Love That Split the World. The book has a gorgeous cover and a lot of readers like it but it’s just not my type of book and I only got it because it came with another book haha. I just have to unhaul it because it makes no sense to keep it on my shelves.
7. A series you have no interest in reading OR a series you started & have dnf’d?
I have a very hard time with dnf’ing books and series haha. But a while ago I did decide to not continue the Starters series. It wasn’t that great and I don’t have the time to read the rest of a story I don’t enjoy.
8. A new release you have no interest in reading?
At this point I have no interest in A Vow So Bold and Deadly. I started reading the first book and I will finish it but so far it hasn’t captured my attention. So I can’t see myself reading the rest of the series, but you never know ;).