If you’ve been following the blog for a while now, you’ll know that I’m a big contemporary fan. As soon as I heard about Hot British Boyfriend it was added to my want to read list on Goodreads. So it was a lot of fun to when TBR and Beyond Tours got to host a book tour for this book. Today I want to talk about my top 5 reasons to read this book and share my favorite quotes. Keep on reading to find out more!
A big thanks to the publisher for providing me with an e-arc to read and review.
Hot British Boyfriend by Kristy Boyce
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Publishing Date: February 9, 2021
After a horrifying public rejection by her crush, Ellie Nichols does what any girl would do: she flees the country. To be more precise, she joins her high school’s study abroad trip to England. While most of her classmates are there to take honors courses and pad their college applications, Ellie is on a quest to rebuild her reputation and self-confidence. And nothing is more of a confidence booster than getting a hot British boyfriend.
When Ellie meets Will, a gorgeous and charming Brit, she vows to avoid making the same mistakes as she did with the last guy she liked. Which is why she strikes up a bargain with Dev, an overachieving classmate who she’s never clicked with, but who does seem to know a lot about the things Will is interested in—if he helps her win over her crush, then she’ll help him win over his.
But even as Ellie embarks on a whirlwind romance, one that takes her on adventures to some of England’s most beautiful places, she still needs to figure out if this is actually the answer to all her problems…and whether the perfect boyfriend is actually the perfect boy for her.
Top 5 Reasons to Read Hot British Boyfriend
- Hot Britsh Boyfriend has great friendships. I love when people don’t seem like they’ll get close, but then they do! These friendships left a big smile on my face.
- Fairy gardens are apparently a thing! I never knew this and now I’m really intrigued. The idea of creating something so small and pretty sounds like fun. I don’t have a green finger, but I just may need to try.
- We may not be able to travel much with the world being the way it is now, but Hot British Boyfriend takes us on an amazing trip! We get to read about London and Venice and amazing things to see there.
- This book is also really about being yourself. I think it’s easy to change yourself for other people to like you, but it’s amazing when a character realizes that they shouldn’t have to do that. That discovery means a lot and I loved how that played out in Hot British Boyfriend.
- Hot British Boyfriend has a cast of amazing side characters. The group Ellie meets and hangs out with while in England are really special. So much so, I honestly wouldn’t mind stories about them. I would definitely hang out with a group like that.
“Forget Andy. I want a Hot British Boyfriend.”
“It looks like I’m not the only one who likes my British men as hot as my tea.”
“Having a British accent doesn’t preclude someone from being an actor murderer. Didn’t you ever watch Luther?”
“He brushes my hair from my face and I swear I’m in a romantic comedy. I can almost hear the music swelling.”
“When I’m with you, you remind me to be happy.”
“I can explain more about cricket now, but I don’t have time to tutor you on how to date a British boy.”
“To Quidditch, cricket, and getting what we want in life.”
“Please tell me he doesn’t watch movie adaptations before reading the books?”
There are a lot of amazing bloggers and bookstagrammers participating on this tour. Click here for the full schedule to see all of these amazing posts.
Giveaway (US Only)
One reader will win a finished copy of Hot British Boyfriend. The giveaway ends on February 15th. Click here to find out how to enter this giveaway!
About the Author
Kristy Boyce lives in Columbus, OH and teaches psychology as a senior lecturer at The Ohio State University. When she’s not spending time with her husband and son, she’s usually writing, reading, putting together fairy gardens, or watching happy reality TV (The Great British Bake-Off and So You Think You Can Dance are perennial favorites).
Hot British Boyfriend was definitely a fast and fun read. And who doesn’t like reading about London and Venice? I know I do! I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out on what this author brings us next.