We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since last January Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s topic is New-to-Me Authors I Read In 2018. After reading 200+ books last year, I can say that I read a lot of new to me authors. Today we’ll take a look at ten new author’s I read a book by last year and hope to read more from this year!
1. Laurie Forest Last year I read The Black Witch and was hooked! Laurie Forest has a way of sucking you right into the world she’s creating for us. I know this book doesn’t have a lot of action, but the worldbuilding was just amazing. The next book in this series, The Iron Flower, is on my shelf and waiting to be read this year!
2. Caryn Lix Sanctuary is one of the books that really got me looking forward to reading more sci-fi. This book is almost 500 pages long and I read it like it was nothing. This author was capable of keeping me on edge and wanting more! The sequel to Sanctuary is one of my anticipated releases of this year!
3. Lyndsay Ely Gunslinger Girl was a big surprise for me last year. I wasn’t really sure if a Western would really be for me, but Gunslinger Girl was a good match. To me it felt like this book was so much more. The dystopian side of this world really got my attention. Gunslinger Girl is a standalone, but I would love to get more books in this world.
4. Katie Henry Who knew a book that was pretty focused on religion would be as good as this one. I’m all for everyone following their own beliefs in religion, but it’s always tricky when it’s added in a book. Heretics Anonymous gets you thinking and looking at certain things in different ways. This author had me laughing out loud and I hope her next book is just as good!
5. Roshani Chokshi I started out reading Aru Shah and the End of Time and at the end of the year I read The Star-Touched Queen. Roshani has such a beautiful way with words. To be honest, I’ve never come across an author who has such a beautiful writing style. I have to actually be careful to not get distracted by the pretty writing, haha. Her stories are unique and I haven’t read anything like them.
6. Morgan G. Farris It’s quite random that I stumbled upon this author last year, but I’m so glad I did. Her first book The Promised One is a great start to an amazing Fantasy story. True love’s kiss plays a big part in this book, but I love that this author used this in a way I’ve never seen before. The second book The Purloined Prophecy is good, if not better. I’m trying to be patient until the third one is released!
7. Kelsie Stelting As a big fan of contemporary books, this author took me by surprise! She writes stories that really make you love her characters and hope that they get all the happiness they really deserve. Kelsie Stelting doesn’t write your typical fluffy stories either, but takes on some harder things in life.
As a big fan of romance and new adult books, I wanted to add a few of those new to me authors as well!
8. Teagan Hunter Two friends of mine are a big fan of her text series, so I picked up Let’s Get Textual on a long bus ride at the end of December. I’m so happy I decided to give this one a try. I love a good romantic comedy and this one gave me everything I wanted. Characters you just have to love, laugh out loud moments and Harry Potter references, haha.
9. Jennifer Hanks This author was a guest in another author’s group I belong to on Facebook. I joined her group and actually signed up fro the blog tour to her latest release. The DiMarco Series can be read out of order, but they all connect. Believe me when I say that you will want to be a member of this family!
10. Miranda Elaine Another amazing author I got to read two books by last year. I would’ve never known Fixing Him was her debut book, that’s how good it was! I think her writing is what made me fall in love with these characters from the start. She let’s us get a look in their lives and these books are so heartwarming! It’s heard to explain exactly what I love so much, but you should read these books!
These are ten authors that I read for the first time in 2018 and loved! What authors were new to you last year? I’d love to hear about them. Feel free to leave your TTT in the comments!