Recently I saw this tag on Regan’s book tube channel PeruseProject and figured it would be the perfect time to do this one myself. I love the fall season and am pretty grateful the weather is changing to something cooler. Alright, let’s take a look at the questions for the Finally Fall Tag.
1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
I’m currently reading Two Dark Reigns, the third book in the Three Dark Crowns series and I’d say those books have a pretty vivid setting. Fennbirn is such an interesting island and world and I love reading about it. I can just see the island and all the important cities in front off me and would love to sail through the mist and visit it all!
2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
A book that comes to mind right away is If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I don’t want to spoil anything so I won’t say what it exactly about but if you’ve read the book you get why I mention it here. This was such a beautiful book but also a real tearjerker. It for sure is one I would highly anticipate.
3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
At the start of the year I listened to Astrophysics for People in a Hurry and that one actually taught me a lot of new things. I do plan on listening to it again because I don’t think I retained a lot of knowledge haha. There was so much new-to-me information, and it was all so interesting.
4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
So many that come to mind! But one that I think perfectly fits the fall theme as well is the Weasley Household. I would love to be part of that family, preferably as Fred’s wife, I know, I know, even for a fictional crush that’s one that’s never going to happen but a girl can dream right? At some point I want to learn how to knit so I can make my own Weasley sweater. They for sure have they’re problems but I love them with all my heart.
5. The colourful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
I had some issues at first when I was reading The Name of The Wind. Our main character tells us a story and sometimes someone inside that story tells another story. Do you still follow? Because I struggles a bit at times haha. However, I did really enjoy it the book and I need to pick up the sequel pretty soon. What holds be back is the fact that everyone has been waiting for the third books for yearsssss. And we don’t know when we will get it, if we ever do get it.
7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
172 Hours on the Moon is one of the creepiest books I have ever read. It mostly takes place on the moon (as you could expect from that title haha) and I wouldn’t want to say more than that. This is a book you just need to experience. I was so creeped out by it that I had to start reading a fluffy contemporary before I was able to fall asleep haha.
8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before is the obvious choice here and that might be getting a bit old but I just can’t help it. It’s a quick read and absolutely heartwarming. And after you finish it, you can either read the other two books in the trilogy or you can watch the amazing Netflix movie adaptation.
9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favourite season) returns every year: name an old favourite that you’d like to return to soon.
Harry Potter is my favorite fall reread, however I’ve already listened to all the books in January. And actually listened to the first one again in June I think. The third An Ember in the Ashes book comes out in Dutch soon so that is another one I am looking forward too. I read the first two books in Dutch and hope I still got all the details right so I can hopefully enjoy the third one.
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favourite cozy reading “accessories”!
I honestly love reading in my bed the best! But a good read on the couch is nice as well. I use a blanket in that case, I somehow love to be covered when I’m reading haha. And a big cup of tea is pretty much a must while reading as well.
So that was the Finally Fall Tag! I hope you enjoyed it, if you want to do it, please go ahead and don’t forget to tag us. Also, please tell me in the comments which fictional family/household/friendgroup you’d like to be a part of.