Not too long ago I was looking for book tags for the blog and I found a few. Unfortunately, I forgot to save them, so today I had to search blogs for a fun tag to do. I came across the Currently Reading Book Tag on Nose Stuck in a Book‘s blog. I wasn’t tagged, but it looked like a lot of fun!
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
I am someone who almost never reads just one book at a time. I’ve gotten up to 5-6 books at once. Luckily, I don’t mix them up, but it does help that my pile is a mix of different genres.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch to reading the other book?
This is actually pretty easy. I normally have books for different occasions: on the train to work, in bed, for reading in the living room, etc. Basically where I am decides what I read.
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re part way through a book?
No, I don’t see really a reason why I would to be honest. The only time I’ve ever switched is when I start reading a book and don’t have one with me. If I start with a wrapper, I eventually switch when I have a bookmark available.
4. Where do you keep the book you’re currently reading?
Once again, it depends on where I’m reading. My purse, nightstand, in the table drawer in the livingroom. I like to have books anywhere I will be, haha.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
This really depends on my working schedule, but I would say the evening. After dinner I usually grab a book and curl up on the couch.
6. How long do you typically read for in one go?
Normally I read for an hour or two, but if I have a day off or have to travel somehwere that can increase. Also, if a book is really amazing I will keep going until I am finished. Unless I have to work. I have had a few times that I only had a few pages left, but had to get off the train to head to work. I wasn’t happy, haha.
7. Do you read hardcovers with the dust jacket on or off?
Always off! It’s not comfortable to hold a book when it’s still on and I don’t want to ruin it. The dust jacket tends to get folded or wrinkled while reading with it on.
8. Which position do you mainly use to read?
A couple pillows behind my back and legs stretched, or pillows against my side. It depends on where I’m reading and how heavy the book is. We have a very comfortable reading corner on our couch. I am found there in the cooler months.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Well, the one on my e-reader. I always have my e-reader in my purse. Not only for my ride to work, but for the unexpected reading moments when you have to wait somewhere.
10. How often do you update the progress in the book you’re currently reading on Goodreads?
When I finish reading for the day. I have the habit of updating my reading progress and checking out what everyone else is reading.
11. Who would you like to tag?
Anyone who feels like doing this tag! Make sure to do a pingback, because I would love to see your answers.
So, I am someone who reads more than one book at once. How about you? Do you stick to one or do you read multiple books at once?