We have been having fun with Top Ten Tuesday, so we decided we will do one every week. This bookish meme was hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and has been going since June 2010! Since last January Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is Books to Read at the Beach. When this post comes online, I will be at a cabin near a little beach. Hopefully I will be reading one of the books on this list. Besides books to read at the beach, it’s a little summer TBR. I hope to read at least a few of these this summer.
1. I See London, I See France This book takes place during the summer and the main characters are going to travel through Europe. If this isn’t a perfect summer book I don’t know what it. The cover is really cute and so are the end pages. I have been seeing this book on Facebook groups and on Bookstagram more lately and have heard a lot of good things! It sounds like a fast and fun read.
2. Dreams of Gods & Monsters Both Isabelle & I really need to read this book soon. We read the second book together quite awhile ago and I am afraid I will need a reread before starting this. A lot happens in the first two books and I think it will be important to the final installment. It’s not that we didn’t love the first two, we did, but so many books, so little time….
3. My Plain Jane It took me awhile to get on board with the whole My Lady Jane fandom, but I was so happy I finally read it. This book was so funny and unique. It’s written by three authors, but it’s written so well you don’t even notice. Historical fiction can be boring at times, but this one makes your cheeks hurt from laughing so much. A week from today this book will be released and hopefully be in my mailbox! I won’t be waiting over a year to read this one.
4. Tell Me No Lies This is the sequel to Follow Me Back and I have been waiting for a year to get my hands on this book. My copy was delivered a couple of days before I am heading away for a week, so I am hoping to finish it then. I just finished my reread of Follow Me back, so I’m all set to dive back in. Here is to hoping Tell Me No Lies is just as good or maybe even better than Follow Me Back.
5. Sky in the Deep I have wanted to read this since it was released, but there are just so many good books this year!! A few of our friends read this book and loved it. One is even reading it again now that it’s been translated to Dutch. I think it’s really good then. In July it will be a group read in the Facebookgroup TBR & Beyond, so I think I will be reading it then.
6. Love Songs & Other Lies This book is another group read, so I know I have to get to it. That isn’t a problem though, because it sounds so good. Another contemporary, so it should be a fast read. I have been flying through them the past few weeks. I love when books are mixed with music or other sports/activities.
7. Gunslinger Girl To be honest, I have never read any “western” books. Gunslinger Girl is another book I have heard mixed reviews about, but it does catch my eye. The story sounds pretty interesting. Another group read this summer, so the perfect reason to try it out! Even though I’m not a fan of people on the cover, it does look appealing.
8. After the Game Abbi Glines is a favorite author of mine, even though I still have a lot of books to go before I have read them all. This is the third book in a series and I loved the first two. The fourth book is set to releases this year, so I need to read this one and catch up. I love that even those these books can be read as a standalone, they connect somehow.
9. The Cruel Prince I have been putting this on my TBR every month since I got it, but haven’t read it yet. That just proves how bad I am at sticking to a TBR, haha. Even though I have heard a lot of amazing things about The Cruel Prince, I have also read some really bad reviews. I love finding it out on my own, so I will definitely pick it up. There are faeries, so that’s off to a good start.
10. The Hate U Give This book has been hyped since it’s release and I don’t think I have seen one bad review. I finally bought a copy in London last month, so there isn’t a reason not to pick it up soon. Another reason is that the movie is coming out this year. I am a big fan of reading the book before the movie is released. I have until later this year, but am hoping to get to this sooner!
This is my Top Ten for this week. Have you read any of these? What did you think? I tried to fit in some new releases with some old ones I need to get to.