It’s time again for Top Five Wednesday. This weekly meme was created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey and all the info is posted in this Goodreads group. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the States, so this week’s theme is books we are thankful for.
1. Harry Potter – J.K. Rowling I’m starting to sound like a broken record when it comes to this series, but it’s definitely my favorite. Without it I don’t know if I would already be so passionate about reading. I will always be grateful for these books.
2. Throne of Glass – Sarah J Maas Without this amazing series I wouldn’t have met some amazing people I call good friends now. Not only that, but the world created in these books is so unique. I’d say this is definitely on the top of the list when it comes to series I love.
3. They Both Die at the End. I only recently read this book, but wow. It was such an amazing book and very beautiful. Even though it broke my heart at the same time. The books takes place during only a day and the fact that the author got me to connect to these characters is just wow. This book really makes you think about life and how the world must be if you get that phonecall.
4. Emergence. I know I have mentioned this book in a few things lately, but this is also a book I’m thankful for. It was nice to have a fantasy story that was so different than the ones we’ve gotten lately. Those are good too, but this one is so unique. It was nice to see an author make choices others may not dare to make.
5. A Steel Heart. Last but not least, this is another book I am thankful for. It was a book I didn’t know I needed. I have read a lot of romances this year, but this one was just about perfect. I felt all the emotions and really rooted for these characters. Being able to relate to the female main character helped a lot as well. Amie Knight did an amazing job!
There are definitely many more books I am thankful for, but these are the first five on my mind at the moment. What books are you thankful for?
Happy Thanksgiving to the readers who are celebrating Thursday!